NisProducts & Tech
Are you an aspiring engineer who wants to contribute to high-performing development processes in our award-winning company? Do you have the skills to optimize and maintain development workflows? We are looking for a talented engineer to help us build a high-performing and secure development environment.
Better Collective is the world's biggest sport data aggregator. We are producing outstanding sports betting content and iGaming products that go far beyond the usual standards.
As a DevOps Engineer at Better Collective, you will primarily work on developing and improving our cloud infrastructure, deployment automation, and support continuous integration and delivery platform to our developer teams. You will work closely together with our software development team and product stakeholders.
As a DevOps in Better Collective, you will be responsible for the development, maintenance, automation, security, and monitoring of our cloud infrastructure and related services.
In BC we develop web applications related to sport - you don't have to be a huge fan of sports disciplines but a little interest in sport would help you understand better business logic and products' backlog priorities. Our flag products you might know are e.g BettingExpert, HLTV, SmartBets, RotoGrinders, and VegasInsider.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cloud infrastructure maintenance and development
- Improving general security and automation
- Refining and further development of our CI/CD pipeline
- Infrastructure and application monitoring
- Perform load and stress tests on servers
- Work in a experienced teams
- Projects closely related to sports
- Flexible working hours
- Close cooperation with teams from US, Denmark, Greece, and Poland
- Regular team calls - internal and technical
- Scrum study group
- Private health insurance
- Sick leave 100% paid
- Canteen with free meals and drinks
- Conferences and education
- Additional vacation days after two years in the company
We also provide up-to date equipment, entertainment facilities in a modern office right in the city center, company parties, yearly trip out of town, holiday presents and more.
Note: Flexible working hours and occasional work from home options in Better Collective help us achieve proper work-life balance. We strongly believe in the magic of teamwork, though, so we come to the office at least once a week to keep the team spirits high
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has 3+ years experience as a DevOps engineer and/or SysAdmin, alternatively combined system administration and support for development efforts
- Experienced with Linux administration (Ubuntu/Debian - AWS Linux is a plus)
- Familiar with managing AWS based infrastructure
- Familiar with nginx/Apache web server management
- Familiar with provisioning tools like Terraform, Chef, or Ansible
- Familiar with git and/or GitFlow
- Familiar with RDBMS like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Has set up/maintained CI/CD pipeline with one or more tools
- Knows his/hers admin scripting languages and has general knowledge of PHP/JS or other programming languages
- Has general knowledge of WordPress framework relative to DevOps role