Delivery oriented data engineer
Do you have the ability to drive customer integrations and do you enjoy building top of the line data pipelines? Then this is a unique opportunity for you to work on in a high-purpose software solutions company that combines software, machine learning and neuroscience to prevent gambling addiction.
To continue our growth and improve our products, we are looking for a self-motivating and innovative Solutions Engineer who wants to work with a range of assignments related to data engineering, customer integrations, cloud management and software engineering. If you are looking for a key role right at the heart of an innovative company - the data platform and the quality of our customers data is the very foundation of our success - then this could be your next career step.
About the role
As a Solutions Engineer you will take ownership of our customer data integrations, and ensure that data flows consistently and reliably through our transformation layers. This requires a thorough understanding of our data platform and what is required when we need to do ML evaluations on-demand. As such, you will within a short span of time be right at the heart of the organisation and have a huge say on our short term priorities and customer implementation strategy.
Your main responsibilities
- Collaborating closely with our customers to establish system data integrations that ensure optimal utility of our software
- Managing cloud integrations either as SaaS solutions or on-prem hosted on the customers' cloud environment
- Optimising our data pipelines - both for integrations and for optimal utilisation of the data
- Collaborating with our expert psychologists around making the best possible feature labelling, getting the most out of relatively small datasets
- Delivering on consultancy based customer data related requests
- Participating in and contributing to design ideas, innovation, code reviews and most importantly objective and constructive discussions
- Developing and improving on our software solutions
Our expectations to you
- Bachelors or masters degree preferably within a technical field (e.g. Data science, Cognitive science or similar). Alternatively 2+ years professional experience in a data engineering role
- Experience working with multiple parts of the data value chain, including data modelling, data analyses, data visualisations, data structuring and ETL processing
- Experience with Python and SQL
Who you are
On the personal side, we imagine that you are self-motivating, and like academic and professional brainstorming with your colleagues as a means of decision making. You picture yourself in a smaller, fast growing team with influence upon both assignments and technologies and enjoy high levels of both responsibilities and freedom. Good communication skills and fluency in English are required as we are an internationally minded company.
Professionally, we expect you to have at least a few years of experience with data related work, and to be curious and passionate about the ML space. Ideally, you have previously been in a position where you’ve worked with data contracts, data transformations and cloud environments.
We appreciate a sound theoretical foundation, but your educational background is not what’s most important to us; it is your personality, attitude and skills.
What makes you a great match
We want the best people in our team and we believe that the above traits and experiences are important for becoming successful in the role as a Solutions Engineer and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms so we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
What do we offer you
A meaningful job with a high purpose; there are real people behind the data we collect, whose lives can be improved from the insights we provide. Influence, responsibility and partaking in a unique field where software, neuroscience and AI go hand in hand.
- Competitive salary packaging based on your experience and qualifications.
- Lunch and an informal work environment with positive energy.
- A choice of equipment and a workspace centrally located in Aarhus.
- We offer a flexible balance between working at the office and from home.
Your way to Mindway AI
Please note that we are processing applications on a continuous basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application and resume in English. If you want to know more about the job, feel free to contact our Tech Team Lead Jesper Blach Graversen, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
At Mindway AI, we specialise in artificial intelligence software that helps identify and prevent problem gambling. Gambling addiction is a widespread, global challenge and our software solutions, GameScanner and Gamalyze, support gambling operators across the world in detecting patterns and assessing gambling problems among their users – and ultimately prevent them from developing gambling addiction.
Today, we are a team of 13 colleagues engaged in software development, machine learning, mathematical modelling, data analysis, product innovation, sales and marketing. We have received a series of industry awards, most recently the ‘Best implementation of RG tools’ and ‘Corporate Service Supplier of the year’ awards in 2023. Our solutions are operational in many European countries as well as the US.
Experience with the following is an advantage
- Machine learning including data pre-processing, model training, model validation and explainability
- Managing customer centric projects