Structured Software engineer with a flair for building data centric software solutions
Are you an experienced Software engineer who have high ambitions about the solutions that you build and have a sound knowledge of industry best-practices? Then this is a unique opportunity for you to work in a high-purpose software solutions company that combines software, machine learning and neuroscience to prevent gambling addiction.
To continue our growth and improve our products, we are looking for a self-motivating and innovative Software engineer who wants to work with a range of assignments related to software engineering, cloud management and data engineering. If you are looking for a key role right at the heart of an innovative company, this could be your next career step.
About the role
As a Software engineer at Mindway AI you will take ownership of our software infrastructure and architecture to ensure that its possible to build and serve our machine learning products efficiently. We are a data-centric company, and all parts of our code reflects that. As such you will be an integral part of our delivery success not only by taking part in our core product development, but also by enabling our other engineers. We are a small and fast growing company where its necessary that we help each other to succeed. As such you will quickly take on a broad set of responsibilities and challenges - the ability to adapt and take in new information is essential for this role.
Your main responsibilities
- Developing on our software solutions, currently in Python, docker and yaml
- Ensuring that we have a well thought through solution infrastructure and software architecture
- Ensuring that we use the best tools for the job, and ensuring proper implementation of new tools when necessary
- Packaging machine learning models and writing resilient and scalable software. Ensuring that our models can run at-scale on client side
- Participating in and contributing to design ideas, innovation, code reviews and most importantly objective and constructive discussions
- Working with our clients and establishing data pipelines to get maximal utility from our software
- Optimising our machine learning workflow, including data processing
Our expectations to you
- Masters or PhD, preferably within the natural sciences (e.g. Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science). Alternatively 5+ years of professional experience in a relevant position
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant position
- Experience with Python, containerisation and working with cloud environments
- Experience with data processing and optimising data pipelines
Who you are
On the personal side, we imagine that you are self-motivating, and like academic and professional brainstorming with your colleagues as a means of decision making. You picture yourself in a smaller, fast growing team with influence upon both assignments and technologies and enjoy high levels of both responsibilities and freedom. Good communication skills and fluency in English are required as we are an internationally minded company.
Professionally, we expect you to have at least a few years of experience working software development, and to be curious about the ML space. Ideally, you have previously been working with production-grade machine learning code and run a machine learning based service in production. It is also an advantage if you know your way around math, probability and statistics.
We appreciate a sound theoretical foundation, but your educational background is not what’s most important; it is your personality, attitude, and skills that we prioritise.
What makes you a great match
We want the best people in our team and we believe that the above traits and experiences are important for becoming successful in the role as a Software engineer and it is the basis upon which we assess candidates. However, we acknowledge that talent takes many forms so we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
What do we offer you
A meaningful job with a high purpose; there are real people behind the data we collect, whose lives can be improved from the insights we provide. Influence, responsibility and partaking in a unique field where software, neuroscience and AI go hand in hand.
- Competitive salary packaging based on your experience and qualifications.
- Lunch and an informal work environment with positive energy.
- A choice of equipment and a workspace centrally located in Aarhus.
- We offer a flexible balance between working at the office and from home.
Your way to Mindway AI
Please note that we are processing applications on a continuous basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application and resume in English. If you want to know more about the job, feel free to contact our Tech Team Lead Jesper Blach Graversen, mail: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.
At Mindway AI, we specialise in artificial intelligence software that helps identify and prevent problem gambling. Gambling addiction is a widespread, global challenge and our software solutions, GameScanner and Gamalyze, support gambling operators across the world in detecting patterns and assessing gambling problems among their users – and ultimately prevent them from developing gambling addiction.
Today, we are a team of 13 colleagues engaged in software development, machine learning, mathematical modelling, data analysis, product innovation, sales and marketing. We have received a series of industry awards, most recently the ‘Best implementation of RG tools’ and ‘Corporate Service Supplier of the year’ awards in 2023. Our solutions are operational in many European countries as well as the US.
Experience with the following is an advantage
- Software development
- Docker-compose or Kubernetes
- SQL and relational databases