Rio de JaneiroCFO
We are looking for a Finance Manager with experience to be part of our stand-alone Finance in our new office in Rio de Janeiro but with great collaboration skills to work closely aligned with our talented Global Finance and colleagues from across +10 different countries in Europe and the US.
Better Collective is a digital sports media group that has a portfolio of thousands of sites in several language markets. Our employees are a great mix of, but not limited to, tech and data experts, sports content creators and marketing professionals. We are a listed company and pride ourselves in being compliant and a good employer to our +975 employees globally, but with a sports mentality to always do better and with our fast growth history, we still breathe innovation and creativity.
We expect that you collaborate, contribute to projects and share experience with the Global Finance team. We believe working together is key, and is how Finance support the business growth in the best way possible and uphold a strong consistency throughout the Global Group. We imagine that your main responsibilities will be:
· Manage the company's financial operations, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
· Develop and implement financial procedures and controls to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in coordination with group finance.
· Controlling and performance of all routines and procedures relating to accounting, invoicing, bookkeeping and other administrative procedures.
· Preparation of financial reporting including monthly reporting to group finance and local management.
· Monitor and manage cash flow and oversee the management of bank accounts.
· Handling local contact with Brazilian authorities regarding tax and VAT matters as well as other support to management if required.
· Work with external auditors and tax consultants to ensure timely and accurate completion of audits and tax filings.
· Provide financial advice and support to management on key business decisions.
HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
It is crucial that you love what you do, that you are curious, empathic and put a lot of passion in the things you are good at. You may also think it's exciting to familiarise and educate yourself on the topics you still don’t master.
You are not afraid to ask, but at the same time you are able to work independently, structured and focused on your tasks. You can understand and use the English language in a working environment with ease.
Better Collective is the leading developer of educational platforms within the iGaming industry. Through our products, we aim to make sports betting and gambling entertaining, transparent and fair for the global network of online bettors. Our products provide leading online bookmakers and casinos with targeted user acquisition and increased user engagement and retention. Our partners include companies such as bet365, Ladbrokes, Coral, Matchbook, Unibet, and many others.
If you have any questions about this position, you are welcome to contact Marina Castro, Head of HR Brazil, at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you as soon as possible and we accept applications continuously via the Apply button. Your application will be processed quickly and we will give callbacks until we find the right candidate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer and we take pride in being our true, unconventional selves and treat each other with respect, just as we would with friends. We know that every person matters and that diverse teams help us make better products for our users. We hire for cultural growth and welcome people of all ages, stories, nationalities, religions, backgrounds, ways of thought, etc.
· Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in finance or accounting.
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices including local GAAP and knowledgeable in IFRS preferred.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial software.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· A proactive team player that enjoys working in an ever-changing environment.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Used to work with and comply with deadlines.
· Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
· Strong leadership and team management skills.
· Strong communication skills and fluent in English.